A.A. Anderson, Inc. in Harvard
Looking for a mechanic with an excellent attitude and communication skills.
Maintenance & repair of farm and lawn-care equipment.
The job requires extensive mechanical exp., must have own tools & ability to lift > 75 lbs.
A. A. Anderson, Inc. was founded by Andy Anderson in October of 1938 when he purchased an existing International Harvester dealership from Fred Wilke in downtown Harvard. The original location was on Front Street, and was then moved to Brainard Street in 1945 (also known as the old Manly Ford building where Montgomery Ward and NAPA used to be).
Back in those days there were many small family farms in the Harvard area, and they all needed equipment. At one time, Andy recounted serving as many as 30 farms between Harvard, IL and Walworth, WI. Just a few of those farms remain today. Andy sold things like neck yolks & harnesses for horses, single and double trees, chicken waterers, and other items of times past.