One of the leading Chicagoland Architecture and Engineering Firms, Bailey Edward, is looking for a responsive Electrical Engineer to become a part of a collaborative, high-energy studio where professional growth and client satisfaction are emphasized. The successful Candidate must have a passion for creating innovative solutions with a desire to grow and maintain Client relationships.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Candidate must be able to apply sound knowledge of electrical engineering principles and practices in a broad array of assignments. He or she will perform electrical design work of equipment and systems, developing and reviewing potential projects, and providing support during major project implementation. Additionally, the individual will be required to lead in the execution and coordination of assigned project electrical work, exhibiting responsibility for accuracy and timeliness of work assigned.
- Model firm values of responsiveness, creativity and professionalism.
- Apply Bailey Edward Policies and Procedures.
- Responsible for project and proposal quality and schedule.
- Perform normal and complex aspects of electrical engineering.
- Plan, schedule and conduct work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection and adaptation of electrical engineering technique, procedures and criteria.
- Willing to travel domestically.
- Apply the applicable industry codes and standards to electrical work performed.
- Prepare electrical drawings, calculations and equipment/material specifications.
- Promote work share within the other Bailey Edward offices.
- Use software to establish lighting levels (photometric) and power loads.
- Electrical systems design.
- Electrical equipment selection.
- Low voltage systems design.
- Interface with in-house personnel for coordination
- Interface with consultants and suppliers to achieve final product.
- Prepare plans.
- Visit project site to review existing conditions and systems operation.
- Review shop drawings.
- Introduction to project specifications using Master Spec as a guide.
- Additional duties as required.
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Professional registration required– Illinois licensed PE
- Experience with electrical building systems and energy conservation for government, commercial and industrial facilities.
- Minimum six years of experience.
- Experience in the design of electrical systems, including: analysis, equipment selection, lighting design layout, design and specifications.
- Experience with engineering deliverables such as: electrical equipment sizing and system sizing calculations, material takeoffs, electrical layout and detail drawings, electrical system descriptions, equipment and load lists.
- Experience in coordination with HVAC, plumbing and fire protection engineers and design systems
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Proficient in AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of REVIT is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills including excellent oral and written communication skills a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Accurate attention to detail.
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Excellent benefits package offered
Position Reports to: Branch Manager
Location: Fox River Grove, IL