City of Plano Police Department
Full-time Records Clerk
- 40 hours per week
- Salary Range of: $14.81-$20.78 per hour (Salary Commensurate with Experience)
- Excellent character, integrity, and the ability to work with the public in a professional manner. The records clerk will be able to effectively work while maintaining a high level of confidentiality in a high functioning law enforcement environment.
- A thorough background investigation will be conducted.
- One of the most integral tasks of this position is the ability to efficiently assist citizens at optimal levels when they walk into the Plano Police Department lobby and the ability to professionally answer phone calls from citizens and other public safety entities.
- A candidate for the records clerk position should have a High School diploma or equivalent; one to three years of experience, preferably as a receptionist or in a position dealing with the public; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic computers skills, working knowledge with Windows operating system, proficient knowledge of platforms such as PowerPoint, Excel, and Microsoft Word. The ability to become LEADS certified, and the ability to learn and comprehend an in-depth records management software systems.
The City of Plano is an Equal Opportunity Employer.