Pickle Packer Relief/Part-Time
Benefits & Compensation Overview:
- Starting Pay: $12.50- after 6 months’ salary increases to $13.00.
- First 90 days of employment would be part-time with the possibility of moving to full time based on a good performance
- Full-time employees receiving free Health/Dental/Vision benefits
- Potential 11 Paid Holidays per Year
2ND (M-F 03:30PM – 12:00 AM)
- Opportunity for either daily or weekend overtime
- Flexible rotation between the first shift and second shift
Plant & Community Overview:
- Union plant employing about 245 employees across 3 shifts
- Kraft Heinz Claussen Pickles is the only manufacturing location in the world that produces Claussen brand pickles. Founded in 1870 by CF Claussen & Sons.
- Kraft-Heinz Claussen Pickles is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for all our employees- while also meeting our obligations to preserve the environment.
- Kraft Heinz Claussen Pickles Plant is located in Woodstock- IL; and it is an integral part of the Woodstock community
Kraft Heinz Claussen Pickles is excited to help you start your career today!
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Packing pickles.
- Ensure quality product is produced and continual improvement.
- Packs quality jars of Claussen product at the Standard Pack Rate and/or line rates using the correct pack method. Packing Whole Pickle- Icicle- Mini Dills- Sandwich Slices- Super Slices- Chips- and Spears in 20 oz. jars- 24 oz jars- 32 oz jars- 750 ml jars- Five Gallon Pails- 64 oz jars- and 80 oz jars.
- Understands product specifications and informs the Supervisor of Pickle Quality Problems.
- Serves as the final inspection of cucumbers to be packed.
- Inspects glass and plastic jars for defects.
- When production downtime occurs- stacks jars on carts or skids.
The following duties may be performed:
Make-up knocked down boxes- spicing- adding or removing empty jars to/from the line- adding boxes to the conveyor- top cutting of halves product when required- jar inspections for various reasons (leakers- floaters and other packaging defects)- feed pickles into the Spear or Auto packaging machines- topping off jars of Chips or Whole Pickle- putting labels/bands on Gallon line jars- inserting coupons into jars when required.
Informs the Supervisor/mechanical Department of mechanical or safety problems that arise within their work area. May also perform additional miscellaneous duties as directed by the Supervisor.
- Standing 8 hours shifts
- Plant temperature can fluctuate (humid- cold- or warm based on seasonality)
- Work environment would have a strong smell of vinegar and/or spices
- Physical Demand Classification (PDC): Reaching- handling- fingering- twisting- high repetition- turning.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
Kraft Heinz, The Company
As one of the world’s largest food and beverage companies, we are proud to spark joy around mealtimes with a global portfolio of more than 200 brands. Some are iconic master brands like Heinz, Kraft and Planters. Others are fast growing new sensations that defy status quo like DEVOUR and Primal Kitchen. No matter the brand, we are united under one vision To Be the Best Food Company, Growing a Better World. Bringing this vision to life are our 36,000+ teammates around the world, making food people love.
Together, we help provide meals to those in need through our global partnership and commitment with Rise Against Hunger. And we also stand committed to sustainability, and the health of our planet and its people.
Every day, we are transforming the food industry with bold thinking and unprecedented results. If you’re passionate like us -- and ready to create the future, build on a storied legacy, and participate as a conscientious global citizen -- there’s one thing to do join us.
Our Culture of Ownership, Meritocracy and Collaboration
We're not afraid to think differently. Embrace new ideas. Dream big. It all comes down to the way we empower our people to own their work. It’s true Our employees are our competitive advantage.
As part of the Kraft Heinz family you’re supported to grow and achieve. You’re recognized and rewarded for outstanding performance at every level. You’re given the opportunity to leave your mark and build legacies. But you won’t do it alone. This is where our values and teamwork thrives and collaborative spirit fuels every day.