Land Survey Crew ChiefCompass Surveying Ltd.
Land Survey Crew Chief
Compass Surveying Ltd. is seeking an experienced Land Survey Crew Chief to perform all aspects of field work related to Construction Staking, Topographic Surveys, Boundary Surveys and ALTA Surveys while working under the direction of a Professional Surveyor. Your daily duties will include the operation of Total Stations / Data Collectors and (VRS) GPS receivers to make measurements, collect data and provide staking for construction sites. This position will require periodic overtime and may require occasional out of town work for short periods.
- Have a minimum of 3 years of experience as a land survey crew chief
- Have expertise with total stations, data collectors and GPS equipment (Trimble preferred)
- Have the ability to listen to and communicate with survey project managers and clients
- Have the ability to read and interpret engineering / architectural plans
- Have good judgement, attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Have the ability to take detailed notes and manage survey projects
- Have strong mathematical skills
- Have the ability to work independently as a 1 Man Crew
- Have the ability to manage crew and train crew members
- Have the ability to use hand tools such a shovels and sledgehammers
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent and a valid driver's license
We provide survey work throughout all of Illinois.
We offer a matching Simple IRA plan, medical, dental and vision insurance. Compensation based upon skill level and experience.