Covia is a leading supplier of minerals and material solutions to the industrial and energy markets. The formation of Covia in 2018 is built from the merging of Fairmount Santrol and Unimin Corporation.
Covia is looking for a dynamic Benefits Coordinator who will have a positive impact on the Benefits team at its Ottawa, IL location. The Benefits Coordinator will perform a variety of responsibilities for all domestic and Canadian health and welfare, and retirement programs.
The successful incumbent will have the following Key Accountabilities:
- Counsel and serve as a liaison to employees on various benefits plans, plan changes, and benefits claim issues.
- Assist in all aspects of the new hire and annual open enrollment process, including preparing employee communication materials. Must work with internal and external resources to identify optimal media, creating specific, compelling and accurate employee plan materials.
- Manage leave management programs and administration (STD, LTD, FMLA) with third party carrier.
- Assures processes and procedures are in place to capture and maintain consistent and accurate benefits data, including auditing and reporting.
- Lead the administration of defined benefit pension and defined contribution (401k) plans ensuring compliance with ERISA and other laws and regulations.
- Lead compliance activities of plan audits, preparation of 5500 filings, and non-discrimination testing.
- Oversee timely distribution of all required annual notices (SBC's, SAR, AFN, SPD's)
The successful incumbent will have the following Minimum Qualifications:
- 3-5 years HR/Benefits experience; Bachelor's degree preferred
- Ability to learn on the fly
- Strong organizational, quality decision making, and problem-solving skills
- Strong work ethic with time management skills and ability to work independently as well as a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel); preferred knowledge of UltiPro HCM/Payroll
- Knowledge and understanding of benefits laws and legal compliance (i.e. FMLA, ERISA, ACA)
An Equal Opportunity Employer