President/CEOCrystal Lake Chamber of Commerce
Accepting Applications for the Position of President/CEO of the Crystal Lake Chamber of Commerce.
Full time (minimum 40 hours per week) Salary is negotiable Depending on Qualifications.
The position is responsible for, but not limited, to the following:
• Functions as the chief spokesperson for the Chamber; effectively represents the Crystal Lake Chamber and the Crystal Lake area to all businesses, press, related organizations and the general public in accordance with Chamber positions, policy and mission.
• Is aware of Chamber and community needs and takes action when necessary to ensure a positive relationship exists between the Chamber, local businesses, local governments, and the community.
• Provides insights, recommends actions and proposes strategies to the Board of Directors in dealing with internal and external affairs of the Chamber that are supportive of the Chamber’s mission.
• Provides leadership and professional assistance to volunteer leaders in fulfilling their Chamber role.
• Trains, coaches and empowers the staff to be effective leaders and decision makers.
• Creates innovative solutions to challenges and opportunities within the Chamber and the community.
• Ensures adequate levels of qualified, productive and customer oriented staff for the Chamber office.
• Manages the financial performance so that membership recruitment and retention as well as activity meets or exceeds targets.
• Markets the Chamber to ensure enrollment, involvement and retention of new and existing members.
• Maintains working relationship with elected and appointed officials of Crystal Lake and McHenry County.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Advanced degree in business, finance, law, public administration or related field desirable.
• Institute for Organization Management (IOM) certification preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years management/leadership experience.
• Experience with a Board and leading large number of volunteers strongly desired.
• Public policy advocacy and economic development experience preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills are required.
Equal Opportunity Employer