Seasonal Park Maintenance PositionsDeKalb Park District
SUMMARY OF POSITION: Seasonal Park Maintenance and Landscaping staff provide labor and semiskilled labor associated with the care and general maintenance of District parks and facilities to include: beautification activities, mowing, grass trimming, raking, trash pickup, cleaning of shelters and facilities, tree planting, pruning, trimming and removal.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The duties and responsibilities listed below are illustrative only and are not meant to be a full and exhaustive listing of all the duties and responsibilities of this position.
1. Mows and maintains park and open space areas; removes weeds; cleans and maintains basketball & tennis courts, parking lots, trails and other paved areas; maintains irrigation systems and assists in the repair and installation of sprinkler lines and heads.
2. Maintains playgrounds and participates in park cleanup activities.
3. Mows and maintains athletic field areas to include general maintenance, drags and lines fields.
4. Assists in facility and field preparations necessary for the opening day of outdoor athletic programs, swimming pool, shelters and other park facilities.
5. Prepares for and works at District special events and activities, and community events.
6. Inspects, cleans, and performs routine maintenance of district shelters, restrooms and other park amenities on a rotating basis.
7. Performs minor semi-skilled interior building maintenance such as painting, plumbing, carpentry, and other unskilled and semi-skilled work.
8. Performs routine maintenance on lawn, power and vehicular equipment.
9. Plants lawns, trees, shrubs, and flowers; assists in District gardening and other park & facility beautification activities; assists in the care and removal of trees.
10. Performs routine and seasonal custodial work as required.
11. Picks up litter, collects and disposes of solid waste from District parks and facilities and participates in District recycling activities on a rotating basis.
12. Assists in the construction of new parks facilities, including clearing, grading, drainage, and foundation work.
13. Assists in incorporating risk management practices and District-wide safety assessments. Complies with overall risk management goals and objectives.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.