Prep Cook $16 - $22hr D.O.E.Fishermen's Inn
Are you an experienced prep cook looking to work in a fun team environment? If yes, then this position is for you!
Our rustic elegant event and wedding venue situated in Kane County Illinois is currently seeking several experienced prep cooks to support our Executive Chef. This beautiful venue occupies twenty acres of land with seven natural spring fed ponds, and is considered a historic monument to surrounding communities. The venue has a reputation for impeccable service which is accomplished through our unique focused approach to guest management along with a strong team that is passionate and diligently focused in exceeding our commitment to excellence.
This is a part time opportunity with a possibility to work full time in the future. We are a scratch kitchen and therefore everything is made in house. This position will be involved in the preparation of food items as directed by Executive Chef and in accordance with our standards of excellence, ensuring equipment and work areas are safe and sanitary at all times, consistent demonstration of industry best practices, a genuine dedication to food quality and the ability to work together in a fun strong team dynamic.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Availability to work Wednesday through Sunday as needed; weekends and some holidays.
- A minimum of 2+ years’ experience.
- Proficiency in various cooking methods, use of essential ingredients and knife cutting skills.
- Industry working knowledge of kitchen equipment and safe practices.
- Knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures. Food Handlers Certification Preferred.
- Positive Attitude and ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and easily handle stress and pressure.
- Aptitude for effectively managing one’s time efficiently.
- Strong communication that demonstrates the ability to clearly and effectively communicate with managers and team.
- Reliable and trustworthy.
- Ability to lift 50lbs.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.