Facility Services DirectorFox Valley Family YMCA
Facility Services Director
Fox Valley Family YMCA is hiring a full-time Facilities Director. This position is responsible for the maintenance, properties and janitorial responsibilities for 3 locations. Job includes a comprehensive benefits package.
The Fox Valley Family YMCA, located an hour southwest of Chicago, is looking for an innovative Facility Service Director. As Kendall County's largest public charity, we are a growing organization that is committed to raising the values that define both individuals and communities through the service of building a healthy spirit, mind and body for all. The Facilities Services Director will be responsible for the 3 facilities specifically their daily maintenance and janitorial needs. He or she will work closely with lead staff at each location and directors to maintain, update and complete daily tasks that aid in the running of the facility.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Provides overall coordination of facility maintenance, including planning and developing preventative maintenance.
2. Trains, supports, and aids in janitorial duties, Including ordering and inventory of supplies.
3. Supports membership and program in maintenance and janitorial needs for daily programs and special events.
4. Ensures the proper operation of all mechanical systems.
5. Completes repair work and projects in a timely manner. Oversees all contractors that work in the facility and grounds. May request and review bids, and recommend selection of contractors.
1. Three or more years of experience in facility management or closely related field.
2. Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems, carpentry, and other maintenance-related areas. Experience with fitness equipment a plus.
3. Skills in supervision, budget management and project management.
4. "Pool" and boiler, and water certifications required within days of employment.
5. Ability and current license to drive with record that meet YMCA standards.
Additional compensation details:
The Fox Valley Family YMCA offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes a 10 percent contribution to retirement upon meeting eligibility requirements, health/dental, disability and life insurance, vacation and personal time off as well as a complimentary family Y membership.