Feeder Packer Sorter (must be able to work 2nd & 3rd shift)Graphic Packaging
OCTOBER 1st from 9am-5pm apply online or WALK-INS WELCOME any day!
OPPORTUNITY: We are a Foodservice folding carton manufacturing operation seeking candidates to join our Carol Stream, IL team. We’re recruiting for multiple positions so be sure you review all of our job postings. This job posting is for a Feeder/ Catcher with a pay range of 16.49/hour plus shift differential and progressive pay increases. We continually encourage our employees to advance their careers through on the job training and job progression through our strong promotion from within program. Many of our roles are skilled trade positions and our employees build successful careers in the Printing & Packaging industry with an earning potential to 31.06/hour plus shift differential. We offer a wide array of benefits including, but not limited to, Paid Vacation & Holidays, optional Health, Dental, and Life Insurance, including health spending accounts and a progressive healthy lifestyle program, as well as 401-K with a company matching component and standard supplemental company contributions. Employees may voluntarily elect Pet Insurance, Home & Auto Insurance Programs, Purchasing Power, Tuition Reimbursement, Aflac, Lifelock Identity Protection, and Hyatt Legal Services. Tabaco Cessation and Employee Assistance/Referral Program, Uniform Service, Safety Shoe, and Safety Prescription-Eyewear benefits are also available.
Please review all of our job postings and apply for each position you feel you’re qualified and would like to be considered for.
JOB SUMMARY: The person who occupies this position is responsible for assuming all duties performed by feeder (feed flat cartons into gluing/paneling machines), catcher (remove product from press and pack into cases) and sorter (quality checks on cartons). This person rotates between these positions throughout working shift. They understand and align business operations and Finishing Department as he/she executes their role to exceed customer expectations and align with GPI business, cultural, financial and operational objectives.
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include, but are not limited to the following.
The following is a list of specific duties which are considered the essential functions of this job. The list is not exhaustive, as all positions at the Company are dynamic. The employee who occupies this position is expected to assume any/all duties assigned by management irrespective of whether such duties are specifically included in this list.
- Work within and adhere to GPI’s core values of Integrity, Respect, Accountability, Relationships and Teamwork.
- Feeder has responsibility that glue machinery is continually being fed with proper carton. Feeder takes stacks of cartons from loaded pallet and places them into feeder of machine.
- Responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of area (remove stray cartons, sweep up, etc...). Performed during make ready.
- Responsibility that appropriate carton is being fed. Done by checking for variances in box number and collator marks.
- Responsibility to feed only quality cartons. Feeder is to fan through stacks of cartons being fed and check that they have proper color, register and are void of unnecessary markings.
- Feeder is to observe for machine malfunctions and stop glue machine when problems arise. Feeder uses mirror to detect malfunctions. Feeder is also to be aware of signals from operator or catcher to stop and start machine.
- Removes the finished folded cartons from the press and packs them into cases.
- Responsibility that appropriate carton is being packed: Done by checking item and job number on carton with job label being used.
- Responsibility that only quality products are packed. Catcher is to check that cartons have proper color, register and are void of unnecessary markings.
- Responsibility that proper count of cartons are packed into case. Catcher is to hand count the first case of each different product being packed.
- Packed cartons are to be pushed on rollers through taping machine to the padlocker.
- Responsible for maintenance of area. Performed during make ready.
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS:
- Experience: None (entry-level).
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English
- Schedules are up to 8 or 12-hour shifts on alternate days with rotating weekends off. However, employees must have the ability to work alternate schedules and overtime that may include early mornings, nights, and/or weekends and be punctual while doing so.
- Some Departments/Jobs may run a M-F 8-hour Shift Schedule.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime.
- Sitting or standing, depending on changing job assignment, for extended periods.
- Awkward and/or repetitive movements.
- Routine Lifting up to 35 lbs.
- Occasional Lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Push/pull pallet jack with up to 50 lb. load.
- Reading computer screen or other electronic devices.
- Use of various hand and electrical tools and equipment.
- Work in areas of fluctuating temperature.
GRAPHIC PACKAGING INTERNATIONAL, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, sex, age, religion, natural origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, handicap, or disability, marital status, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.