CustodianGrundy County Human Resources
County of Grundy
Applications Accepted: Posted until filled
Job Title: Custodian
Department: Maintenance—Administration Building
Reports To: Maintenance Director
FLSA Status: Part-Time, 15 Hours, Non-Exempt
Pay: $10.50 - $11.50
Performs general cleaning duties to maintain and preserve the Grundy County Administration Building. Some flexibility with hours is necessary.
Hours: Monday - Friday 6:00pm – 9:00pm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Cleans and maintains furniture, fixtures, and equipment;
2. Removes and disposes waste materials and recycling;
3. Cares for floors including scrubbing, sweeping, vacuuming, waxing, carpet cleaning and repairs;
4. Cleans and maintains restrooms, break room, and drinking fountains.
5. Secures the building including doors, security system, and reports vandalism or other damage.
6. Performs snow shoveling and salting outdoors.
7. Must be able to work independently with little/no supervision.
8. Other duties as assigned.
- 1 year previous cleaning experience or similar training with light basic building maintenance.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, position will require a pre-employment physical.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to see, read, hear, smell, stand, walk, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Any qualified applicant with a disability and requiring reasonable assistance or accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify the HR Department.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Work is generally inside an office building with some seasonal outside work such as shoveling, salting and weed pulling. The noise level in the work environment is moderately quiet.
Grundy County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will give consideration to all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, political affiliations, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit factor.