Network AdministratorLaSalle County IT Department
The LaSalle County IT Department is accepting applications for the position of Network Administrator.
General Summary/Basic Purpose of Position: The Network Administrator will work along with the PC Support Specialist, under the supervision of the IT Director of Lasalle County in the management of the local and wide area networking at the county. The Network Administrator will assist in training the IT staff of implemented changes of the network environment. The Network Administrator will also assist in providing technical assistance and other related services within this area.
Essential Functions & Duties:
1. Monitors and maintains network stability, collects and analyzes network and memory utilization, and installs and tests software upgrades.
2. Provide level 2 support to the IT specialist as well as fill in as needed.
3. Manages backup, storage and retrieval functions.
4. Coordinates third party maintenance for network hardware and software
5. Prepares and maintains documentation of network configurations and cabling layouts
6. Develops, maintains, and tests DR plans
7. Establishes and controls systems access and security
8. Provides support to and trains user in local area network administration and usage.
9. Checks systems in order to optimize performance and minimize downtime.
10. Evaluate life cycles of network hardware to access when items should be replaced before failure.
11. Performs analysis of network needs and contributes to design of network architecture, integration, and installation.
12. Support of all systems including but not limited to: Vmware, Cisco, Sonicwall, Dell, HP, Veeam, Mitel.
13. Design, Install, and optimize computer networks, cabling, and connections.
14. Other duties as assigned.