Now Accepting Applications
The Oswego Police Department is looking to establish a Police Officer Eligibility List (Register) with quality, professional and career-oriented individuals interested in law enforcement. Police Officers are responsible for enforcing all State and Local Laws and upholding the U.S. and Illinois Constitutions.
The starting salary as of May 1, 2020 is $62,866.28. Those certified as police officers will begin at Step 2 of the wage scale, which is $64,752.29 as of May 1, 2020.
Excellent benefits package including 13 paid holidays annually, vacation, sick and personal time, police pension, medical, dental, vision, life insurance and more.
- Applicants shall be under 35 years of age, at the time of application and at such time as the initial eligibility list is posted, unless exempt from such age limitation as provided in Section 5/10-2.1-6 of the Fire and Police Commissioners' Act. Applicants, at such time as they file their application with this Board, must be 21 years of age. Proof of birth date will be required at time of orientation.
- Valid Driver's License, Illinois FOID Card, and Social Security Number at time of appointment.
- U.S. Citizen or will possess U.S. Citizenship by June 3, 2020.
- Bachelor or Associates Degree in any field of study (OR 60 credit hours at an accredited college or university) OR those who qualify for a waiver due to active military service pursuant to statute, by June 3, 2020.
- Pass written examination, oral interview, in-depth background investigation, which includes a polygraph.
- After conditional job offer, must pass Medical (including drug screen, hearing and eye exam) and Psychological examinations.
NEXT STEP IN TESTING PROCESS ONCE APPLICATION & FEE IS SUBMITTED
- ATTEND MANDATORY ORIENTATION AND WRITTEN EXAMINATION, which will be held on June 13, 2020 at 8:00 AM - Oswego East High School (Door #1), 1525 Harvey Road, Oswego, Illinois. Applicants must have photo identification, which can be a State ID, Driver's License or Passport.
- Later in the process, Preference Points will be accepted and oral interviews will be conducted, which will be explained in more detail at the Orientation.
Innovation – Challenge – Real Rewards
OSWEGO BOARD OF POLICE COMMISSIONERS
An Equal Opportunity Employer