Police OfficerPeru Police Department
The City of Peru Board of Fire and Police Commissioners will be accepting applications to establish an eligibility list for the position of Police Officer for the Peru Police Department.
This is a full-time position for a career minded individual.
Must be a U.S. Citizen or legal resident of the U.S.
Must be at least 21 years of age at time of application, & under 35 at time of application & posting of final eligibility list (unless exempt under provisions outlined in the Illinois Fire & Police Commissioners Act).
- High school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of
- Associate's Degree in Law Enforcement or Criminal Justice or
- Bachelor's Degree in any field or
- Certified and currently employed as a Police Officer, full-time or part-time in the State of Illinois or
- Certified and currently employed as a Police Officer, full-time in any other state.
- The aforementioned college education requirements shall not apply to applicants who have served a minimum of two years on active duty in the U.S. military and have been honorable discharged or currently serving on active duty or are in active or in-active reserve status.
Must have a valid driver's license.
Must be able to pass a physical agility test, written examination, oral interview, medical exam, polygraph test, psychological exam, drug screening, and extensive background investigation.
Applications will be available starting Monday January 27, 2020. You may obtain one in person at the Peru Police Department, 1503 4th Street. All applications along with the waivers and copies of required items must be returned to the Peru Police Department no later than noon on Friday February 28, 2020.
Orientation and written testing for applicants will commence at 6:00 pm, Tuesday March 10, 2020 at the Peru City Hall, 1901 4th St. You should park and enter on the north side of the building off of 5th Street. Registration will be 5:45-6:00 pm.
Peru Board of Fire & Police Commissioners Peru, IL