The seed technician is an individual that will understand all aspects of seed production. It can consist of seed conditioning, cleaning, grading, and overall maintenance work in the conditioning facility. It can include outside work from spring through fall to help implement the procedures of planting, inspecting, detasseling, male row destruction, and harvesting of the seed crop. This position can include shift work, weekends, and holidays during critical times if necessary. The individual should have a good mechanical aptitude. The individual must be able to work together with others, yet when asked, have the ability to complete tasks on their own and on time.
Assumes responsibility for the effective, efficient, and accurate performance of seed corn production
- Understanding the grower to company relationship.
- Ability to ensure quality and purity in areas of responsibility.
- Communicating effectively and positively to all company and outside people.
- Ability to inspect fields for insects, weeds, and diseases.
- Ability to understand and operate conditioning equipment in seed plant.
- Follows company policies and procedures for both safety and quality.
- Understanding and following shipping procedures for accurate deliveries and returns.
- Maintaining efficient use of time to ensure company profitability.
- Performing additional duties as directed by Department supervisor.
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture preferred
- Agricultural Background
- Computer skills in spreadsheet and word processing
- Agricultural related experience required
- Three years related experience preferred
- Excellent communications skills with positive attitude
- Attentive to detail and accuracy
- Cooperative and willing to assist others
- Ability to use computer applications
- Well organized
Remington Seeds is an equal opportunity employer.
Remington Seeds is the largest third party seed producer in the world. We provide systems and services that deliver solutions in the production, processing and distribution of seed in multiple crops and regions around the world. Our goal is to make our customers happy by providing answers to their important questions. To achieve this goal, we developed a customer-first ideology and built our business principles around that philosophy. Remington’s culture of customer service and quality is imbedded in our employees who accept the challenge of providing the highest quality seed for our customer.