General Utility WorkerVillage of LaGrange Public Works
General Utility Worker
Village of La Grange, IL
Accepting applications for a full time General Utility Worker in the Public Works Department.
General Statement of Duties
Under the general supervision of the Public Works Director, this position performs a variety of skilled tasks in the maintenance, repair and construction of streets, water and sewer systems; forestry; vehicle maintenance; building maintenance and other activities.
• Operates a variety of heavy trucks and equipment in the repair, maintenance and construction of public works systems and utilities and the maintenance of the urban forest;
• Inspects and maintains vehicles and equipment; reports malfunctions to supervisor;
• Maintains availability to respond to emergency situations during non-working hours;
• Assists with snow plowing and ice control functions;
• Performs related work as assigned.
When Assigned to the Street Division
• Maintains and repairs streets and roadways; performs asphalt and concrete maintenance and repairs curbs and sidewalks; seals cracks and patches potholes; clears roads during hazardous weather and other conditions including winter snow and ice events and floods;
• Assists in maintaining Village right-of-ways including leaf and brush collection;
• Fabricates, installs and maintains all Village signage, applies and maintains pavement marking materials;